‘Wheel of Fortune,’ ‘Jeopardy!’ axe live audiences amid coronavirus fears
Episodes of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! are going to look a lot different as coronavirus fears continue to rise.
Sources close to both shows told the Associated Press on Monday that they’ll be banning live studio audiences to avoid the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, which has infected more than 115,000 people worldwide.
The source spoke on condition of anonymity.
The shows tape months in advance, so the presumably quieter episodes will not immediately be noticeable to viewers at home, AP reports. Both are filmed at a studio in Culver City, Calif.
The popular game shows are the latest television projects to shift plans due to the new coronavirus. Last week, CBS confirmed to Global News that it was suspending production on The Amazing Race in response to the outbreak.
“All contestants and production staff are in the process of returning home. At this time, no racers or anyone on the production team travelling with them have contracted the virus, or shown symptoms, and we are not aware of anyone being exposed to it,” CBS said in a statement.
Source: Read Full Article