Coronavirus: What’s open and closed in Barrie, surrounding area amid COVID-19 concerns
While the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases continues to rise in Canada and Ontario, many services and businesses in and around Barrie have been closed or cancelled.
On Tuesday, Ontario Premier Doug Ford declared a state of emergency due to the novel coronavirus, with many businesses required to close.
What’s legally required to close
- All facilities providing indoor recreational programs
- All public libraries
- All private schools as defined in the Education Act
- All licenced child care centres
- All bars and restaurants, except to the extent that such facilities provide takeout food and delivery
- All theatres, including those offering live music performances, dance and other art forms, as well as movie cinemas
- Concert venues
Source: Read Full Article